Sohema Case Management Software
Sohema is our configurable integrated case management software platform that provides the ability to manage your clients and services in one integrated environment.
We worked closely with social workers and program managers, so that Sohema was designed to address the various delivery and reporting needs of government health and human services. It offers a best-of-both-worlds approach: combining pre-built, out-of-the-box functionality common to multi-program enterprises with powerful configuration tools to make the solution extensible to any environment.
Sohema provides program modules for:
- Child protection
- child/family counselling and services
- adoptions management
- counseling and mental health
Advantages Sohema offers:
- Placing the client at the centre of the delivery and tracking
- Case management modeled on best practices for service delivery
- Integration across programs
- Flexible security to control how information is shared within or across programs
- Full audit of all user activities
Sohema for Medicaid/Medicare Recovery
Sohema for Disability Evaluation
Sohema has helped to revolutionize Medicaid/Medicare recovery and its processes for case management delivery and data management.
Since 2010, one of Avocette’s customers – a US State – has used Sohema to improve the recovery and cost avoidance for their government Medicaid claims. Sohema is now implemented in the following programs for this state.
- Estate Recovery
- Casualty Recovery
- Enhanced Coordination of Benefits
- Premium Assistance
- Student Health Insurance Program
- Retroactive Medicaid Recovery Program
To date Sohema has managed more than 1 million cases for and recovered or cost-avoided $140+ million per year. The comprehensive case management tools, with the seamless integration to MMIS and other external systems, allows workers to effectively and quickly meet service levels.
Sohema has a powerful configuration to manage Disability Evaluation Services (DES) Programs and provides the business tools needed to support and streamline the flow of disability determinations. All steps in the lifecycle of a DES case are managed through a set of queues that identify case progression and what actions workers need to complete to keep the case moving. One of our larger clients uses this configuration to process over 2300 cases per month. Our modules support worker processes and activities:
- Intake or case preparation
- Episode management steps
- Scheduling of doctor’s appointments
- Printing of all letters documentation to support the decision process.
The system integrates with financial systems to manage purchase orders and invoicing, providing all reports necessary to manage the processes and provide updates to the stakeholders.